One year of NDA 2.0: Key points | India News – Times of India
NEW DELHI: In an open letter to the country’s citizens, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday listed abrogation of Article 370, settlement of the Ram Temple issue, criminalisation of Triple Talaq and the amendment to the Citizenship Act among the key achievements during his second term.
- In the letter, the PM asserted that his government’s decisions in the last one year were aimed at fulfilling the dream of making India a global leader.
- Modi said in 2019 the people of India voted not merely for continuity but also with the dream of taking India to new heights and making it a global leader.
- Union home minister
Amit Shahsaid the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in its six years of tenure had corrected many “historic wrongs” and laid the foundation of a self-reliant India, which is on the road to development.
- “I heartily congratulate the country’s popular Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the successful one year of Modi 2.0. It has been full of historic achievements,” Shah tweeted.
JP Naddasaid that this year of the Modi government is full of many achievements.
- “I congratulate Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other members of the government on the completion of the successful one year of its second term,”
- “This first year of the Modi government’s second term will be known for its tough and big decisions and converting challenges into opportunities,” Nadda said. “Modi implemented decisions which were awaited for decades. These decisions have changed the country’s face.”
- Nullification of Article 370, which gave the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir special status, and construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya have been the two key ideological highlights of the BJP’s manifestoes over the decades, and both were settled in its favour in the last one year.